The first inclination that I might be pregnant came on May 4, 2011. While driving home from work I got really sick and spent the next several hours throwing up and barely leaving the couch. Poor Lonnie felt so bad to leave me to go to church, but I assured him I would be fine and probably just had a bug. That amazing man even ran to 7-11 and got me some Gatorade before heading to El Reno! After a couple more days of being sick, I took “the test” first thing Friday morning (May 6, 2011) and left it alone to get ready for work. Right before I walked out the door, I remembered the test and went to check. Seeing the word pregnant was wild! I was in shock! I wanted to tell Lonnie in a special way but just couldn’t wait. So I took a picture with my phone and texted it to him. But I couldn’t wait for him to respond so I called him too! LOL.
While this pregnancy was a welcome joy, it was quite a surprise. After experiencing a miscarriage in late 2010, we were still dealing with complications and were amazed to find out we were expecting again. Immediately, I called my doctor’s office and was told to come in right away to have blood tests done to confirm that I was indeed pregnant. Having the tests confirmed was a surreal moment, at least for me. I started progesterone replacement meds as a precaution, since my levels were lower than my doctor would have liked, and we decided to wait until after the first trimester to tell anyone due to our previous miscarriage. But we were pregnant! HOW EXCITING!
Two weeks later, I starting having some issues and once again found myself at my doctor’s office. My doctor decided to do an ultrasound to confirm the issue, and the issue soon became clear. I was pregnant with twins and had lost one. It was very sad, but we were comforted by our Heavenly Father and by the fact that we still had one little L.A.M.B (Lonnie & April Mitchell’s Baby) who seemed to be doing very well. A due date was given of January 3, 2012. Another ultrasound a week later confirmed that our little one was doing well and growing right on schedule.
We decided at that point to tell our parents and siblings so they could be praying for us and the baby I still carried. My grandpa and his wife were coming to visit from New York the next week, so it seemed like a perfect time for the big reveal! A cookout was planned at my parents’ house while my Grandpa was in, which everybody was going to be at except Lonnie’s sister who was still living in New Jersey at the time. The morning of the cookout Lonnie called his sister to tell her, and that afternoon we made the announcement at my parent’s house to everyone else. Everyone was very excited to find out the news—my mom even started referring to herself as “Grandma” a few minutes later! LOL.
My thirteen week ultrasound showed a very active baby and brought me to tears. I even found out my due date was being moved up to December 27, 2011. YAY! A Christmas baby! Everything was finally starting to become real.
(Little L.A.M.B. at 13 weeks)
Now, several prenatal appointments, family announcements, and a couple of facebook posts later, here we are at 20 weeks! I still haven’t gained any weight (my doctor isn’t concerned though), and baby and mommy are doing well.
Now on to the fun part of pregnancy, right? :) We’ve picked out nursery bedding (picture below), and I’m currently doing lots of research on nursery furniture! My hope, in the coming months, is to keep everyone updated on our progress as we get closer to the birth and to bringing our little L.A.M.B. home.
No comments:
Post a Comment